Wednesday 29 January 2014

Dress #1

This was not the best that we had performed 13. It took us a long time to warm into it, so the first couple of acts were not at a full energy. We did manage to pick up the pace by the end but we just needed to keep the pressure going throughout.

There were no huge mess ups but, personally, I felt like I was not using my characters to their full potential, and I found myself worrying more about the box movements than the play. I also felt like I was just repeating my lines and that I wasn’t listening to my peers on stage.

In this dress I was still getting used to how long I had for costume changes and where I needed to be for the ensemble scenes. I found that we all needed to be louder, especially when we are up in Downing Street.


Seeing everything visually come together was very intriguing and I feel like this dress was all about us getting comfortable with the space and the props, sound and lighting and getting our heads in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment